Interested in Rwanda as your next Africa safari destination? Don’t hesitate to take a Rwanda safari tour because there are lots of Africa wildlife safari activities to engage in including Rwanda birding safaris, Rwanda wildlife safaris, Rwanda chimpanzee trekking safaris, Rwanda gorilla trekking safaris, boat cruise safaris Rwanda, nature walks, cycling safaris Rwanda and many more. But among these, all is that you should never miss out a Lake Kivu safari on your safari Rwanda. Though small, Rwanda is the best day trip destination after Uganda. Travellers undertaking Uganda safaris often engage in Kampala city tours, a 1 Day Ngamba safari Uganda, a Jinja city tour, a Uganda cycling Safari, 1 Day Lake Mburo National Park Uganda, 1 Day Uganda Fishing safari, a 1 Day Uganda birding safari among others. So during your Safari to Rwanda, head to Lake Kivu, so you engage in different interesting activities available at the lake including boat tours Rwanda to the lake islands or cycling along the shores of the lake along the on the Congo Nile Trail. Engaging in different activities during your tour Rwanda will give you a true taste of local Rwandan life.
Lake Kivu is the largest freshwater body in Rwanda. This lake is found within the Albertine rift and it is also an element of the Great Rift Valley. Lake Kivu is situated in Rwanda bordering Democratic Republic of Congo in the west. It has magnificent beaches; sceneries and it provides beyond belief sunsets in the evenings.
Visitors normally after a lifetime thrilling experience of a Rwanda gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes National Park, a Rwanda wildlife safari in Akagera National Park Rwanda, a Rwanda chimpanzee trekking safari in Nyungwe National Park. You can escape the busy Kigali city by relaxing a bit on the shores of this lake at the beach of your own choice.
The Lake is one of the most beautiful Lakes in Central Africa that will simply amaze you with curvaceous coastline and bays, emerald islands that dot the Lake with the Volcanoes and Rwanda’s 1000 terraced Hills all around.
- Many holidaymakers have been attracted to the beautiful sandy beaches around Lake Kivu Rwanda. Many travellers have found it a very cool relaxation destination for travellers on Rwanda safaris or visitors from Rwanda gorilla trekking safaris and Rwanda wildlife safaris because of its cool breeze and natural waves. The Lake Kivu beaches are surrounded by mountains that make it an outstanding sight and a perfect place to relax.
- Swimming is a common activity which is carried out on this lake since the lake allows the tourists to relax and chill out as they take a swim. Lucky enough, Lake Kivu has no hippos, crocodiles, no Bilharzia in this lake making it perfect for swimming. The lake water temperatures are very favourable for the swimmers.
Relaxation and chilling out
- Relaxation along the shores of Lake Kivu is the perfect thing to do especially after having a gorilla trek in the Volcanoes National Park or a volcano hike as well as chimpanzee trekking. Chilling out along the shores of Lake Kivu after your Long Rwanda safari will make a memorable end of your safari in Rwanda. You will enjoy the tropical sun, or view the beautiful scenery of the lake. The lake provides the best scenic views ever while relaxing along its shores.
Water sports activities along Lake Kivu
- Water sports activities are common along Lake Kivu since there are many water activities that can be engaged in by the tourists. Some of these include; paddling water skiing, windsurfing, and enjoying a motorboat cruise on the lake. Sport Fishing is also a common activity on Lake Kivu however, it needs prior booking.
Hiking and Biking around Lake Kivu
- Hiking and biking alongside the shores of Lake Kivu is a perfect activity a visitor can enjoy while in the Lake Kivu premises. You may choose to do a half-day or full-day hike or nature walk. Climbing and biking of hills around are the lakes is also a common activity that tourists engage in.
Coffee tours around Lake Kivu
- Rwanda has many coffee plantations and these can be enjoyed by the tourists one coffee tours by taking a boat cruise on the lake to Nyamirundi Island. You can be able to learn the whole process of coffee making starting from stage one to the last stage. You even get a chance to test the last product. This experience is so good for those interested in agro-tourism.
Orphanage visit –Gisenyi
- The Imbabazi Orphanage is so common around Lake Kivu and it was started by Rosamond who lived in the Mugongo area. This orphanage was started in 1994 in Gisenyi and it mainly works with children. It attracts many tourists who visit Lake Kivu as well as Rwanda.
Besides wildlife safaris in Rwanda, Gorilla safari tours Rwanda and many more, we can tailor for you an Africa safari itinerary that features different countries so you also enjoy other safari activities like Uganda wildlife safaris, Kenya wildlife safaris, Tanzania wildlife safaris, Kenya birding safaris, Rwanda gorilla safaris, Congo gorilla safaris and many more Africa safari tours. This normally depends on your choice and budget.